Connecting Communities with Public Wi-Fi technology and local Tourism mobile applications
|Connecting Communities with Public Wi-Fi technology and local Tourism mobile applications|
Cisco Systems Inc.
|Team Leaders||John Coluccio|
|Participating Municipalities||City of Schenectady NY|
Provide areas of Public Wi-Fi for use by residents, employees and visitors while deploying informational mobile application showcasing local businesses and giving real time data for local trolley schedules. Using technology to collect data which will improve the operation of local governments.
- Provide internet access to residents which may not currently have this resource. Helping to bridge the digital divide.
- Staying current and relevant to the needs of the community
- Providing information to improve the user experience & government responsiveness.
- Engineer plan for Wi-Fi deployment using as many potential business cases as possible
- Foster relationship with local tech companies and the business community to determine mutual benefits
- Identify needs of local community.
- Attract as many partners as possible
- Communicate project to general public
|Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)||Measurement Methods|
Standards, Replicability, Scalability, and Sustainability
- Requires interoperable data exchange with GPS, AVI with API
- Establish baseline standards for public transportation and public works vehicles
- The use of GPS and AVI can improve the efficiency of operations in many capacities thus reducing expenses to local governments.
- Including local businesses fosters local innovation and ownership.
Cybersecurity and Privacy
- Reduce energy consumption through improved routing of vehicles
- Reduce expenses with fuel savings
- Reduce expenses by providing services through website over face to face transactions.
- Reduce complaints through improve efficiencies
- Create business models to support local commercial assets
- Foster improved community knowledge of government services
- Deployment plan for Public Wi-Fi in community.
- Demonstration of real time technology employed in deployment of GPS & AVI of public works vehicles.
- Demonstration of other technology that is deployed as part of the project.
In segment Wireless
Year Started 2017