Taoyuan citizen card
|Taoyuan citizen card|
Taoyuan Citizen Card
|Team Organizations||Departments of Taoyuan City Government|
13 District Offices
and Taoyuan Public Libraries
|Team Leaders||Pei-Hsuan Chang|
Department of Information Technology
|Download||File:Taoyuan Citizen Card 6 Major Services 31 Uses.pdf|
In respond to the rapid growth of Taoyuan’s population, the upgrading of government service, the development of industries, and the popularization of urban infrastructure, the card intends to connect the government, businesses, and citizens and integrate service. Business resources are also integrated to create a win-win collaborative model for citizens, businesses, and the government.
- Connect government and business resources.
- Install sensors.
- Promote usage channels.
- Integrate innovative service.
- Provide carriers of low cost and high reliability to be issued to citizens.
- Integrate a variety of service on the carrier, and develop new and integrated service.
- Provide an integrated platform that includes business service through the device.
- Provide special offers and service for certain citizens such as students, senior citizens, women, and children.
- Include e-ticket function.
- Support mobile payment.
- Provide a collaborative interface for businesses.
- Keep the cost down.
|Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)||Measurement Methods|
Standards, Replicability, Scalability, and Sustainability
- ISO/IEC 7816 Smartcards
- ISO/IEC 14443 Type A MIFARE
- GlobalPlatform Card Specification v2.1
- A smart card that complies with MIFARE and GlobalPlatform specifications ensures rapid duplicability, large-scale application, and service sustainability.
Cybersecurity and Privacy
- ISO 27001
- ROC Personal Information Protection Act
- Integrate multiple cards and certificates such as student ID cards, employee cards, volunteer cards, motherhood cards, access cards, sports cards, health cards, farmers’ association membership cards, and credit cards. Manufacturing costs are thus saved and multiple functions are integrated. The citizen card integrates many cards into one.
- Citizens can enjoy the convenience of smart living with just one card in hand. The card can be used as an access card, a public transportation card for buses, metros, trains, and public bikes, and an employee card for punching in and out. Citizens can also use it to sign in at meetings, pay at stores, register courses at sports centers, and borrow books.
- Citizens are encouraged to use public service and will be given bonuses; businesses have also collaborated with the citizen card and provided gifts to encourage citizens to use the card more often. Many stores also provide special offers and discounts for citizens with the card.
As of July 19, 2019, the city government has issued over 1.4 million Taoyuan Citizen Cards (Taoyuan’s population is 2.2 million). The card provides over 31 service and collaborates with over 1,100 stores.
In segment Data
Year Started 2019