Taoyuan Mobile Citizen Card
|Taoyuan Mobile Citizen Card
Taoyuan Mobile Citizen Card
|Taoyuan City Government
In respond to the needs of mobile payment and the popularization of mobile devices, Taoyuan City Government works with telecom companies and e-ticket companies to integrate the citizen card into the sim card of a mobile phone so that citizens are allowed to enjoy all the functions and service of a citizen card on their phone such as borrowing books, taking trains/metros/buses, renting Ubikes, purchasing at a convenience store, accumulating bonuses, etc., and getting special discounts at certain stores. Citizens are thus given more options in ways to use their citizen cards.
- Integrate with mobile devices.
- Support sensors.
- Promote usage channels.
- Encourage citizen adoption.
- Provide a convenient and fast way for citizen cards to be integrated with smartphones. Citizens can apply for the service via mobile service providers.
- With the NFC function, citizens can go without actually bringing the card and enjoy all functions of a citizen card, including shopping, taking public transportations, borrowing books, etc.
- At present, citizens can apply the Taoyuan Mobile Citizen Card service at four telecom companies (Chunghwa Telecom, Taiwan Mobile, FarEasTone Telecommunications, and Asia Pacific Telecom).
- Support e-wallet.
- Support traffic ticket offline sensing.
- Integrate digital public service.
- Support near field communication (NFC).
|Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Standards, Replicability, Scalability, and Sustainability
- ISO/IEC 7816 Smartcards
- ISO/IEC 14443 Type A MIFARE
- GlobalPlatform Card Specification v2.1
- With support from mobile service suppliers, e-ticket service providers, and smartphone manufacturers, a smart card that complies with MIFARE and GlobalPlatform specifications is preloaded to ensure rapid duplicability, large-scale application, and service sustainability.
Cybersecurity and Privacy
- ISO 27001
- ROC Personal Information Protection Act
- With just their smartphones, citizens can enjoy every function inside the citizen card and experience the convenience of smart living. They can access their houses, take public transportations (including buses, metros, trains, and public bikes), punch in and out at the office, sign in at meetings, pay at stores, register courses at sports centers, and borrow books.
- The mobile card is combined with mobile payment to increase convenience.
Taoyuan Mobile Citizen Card has worked with the four major telecom companies (Chunghwa Telecom, Taiwan Mobile, FarEasTone Telecommunications, and Asia Pacific Telecom) for issuance. Citizens can apply for the service at 80 directly run shops of mobile service operators.