Jump to navigation Jump to search
Municipal services are a range of services provided by local governments to the residents of a city, town, or other municipality.
These services may include:
- Water Supply: Local governments often provide clean drinking water to residents.
- Sewage Treatment: Local governments often provide for the treatment of wastewater.
- Garbage and Recycling Collection: Local governments typically provide garbage and recycling collection services to keep communities clean and safe.
- Public Transportation: Many local governments operate buses, trains, or other forms of public transportation to help people get around the city.
- Street Maintenance: Local governments are responsible for maintaining roads, streets, and other public thoroughfares within their jurisdiction.
- Parks and Recreation: Local governments often operate parks, playgrounds, and other recreational facilities for the enjoyment of residents.
- Public Safety: Local governments may provide police, fire, and other emergency services to keep communities safe.
- Licensing and Regulation: Local governments may be responsible for issuing permits, licenses, and other regulatory documents, such as business licenses and building permits.