COVID-19 Checklist for EMS Agencies by NASEMSO and NPSTC
|COVID-19 Checklist for EMS Agencies by NASEMSO and NPSTC|
|Team Organizations||National Association of State EMS Officials|
National Public Safety Telecommunications Council
Cybersecurity and Privacy
|Team Leaders||Dean Skidmore|
This checklist represents an ongoing analysis of COVID-19 preparation actions by the Joint Working Group on EMS Communications and Technology which is sponsored by NASEMSO and NPSTC. It is designed to provide guidance to EMS agencies as they plan their response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This document is organized in 14 sections that contain COVID-19 readiness checklists for both operational and administrative issues.
- Staffing Considerations
- Alternate Service Delivery Considerations
- Processing EMS Calls for Service
- Dispatch of EMS Resources
- On Scene Patient Care & Medical Direction
- Patient Transport
- Inter-Agency Communication
- Intra-Agency & External Communications
- Employee Health and Safety
- COVID Exposure Considerations
- PPE & Supply Chain Management
- Infection Control - Vehicles & Equipment
- Administration – Reporting & Documentation
- Employee and Family Support
The appendix contains links to official information, policies from other agencies, and manufacturer cleaning recommendations. Checklist items were gathered from multiple EMS agencies who are dealing with the effects of the pandemic. We know that every EMS agency is unique, and portions of this guidance may not be applicable to your agency.