Web-based Platform To Quickly Test New Technologies For Cities
|Web-based Platform To Quickly Test New Technologies For Cities
The City of San Jose
Stanford Global Projects Center
Sacramento Area Council of Governments (SACOG)
|San Jose CA
UrbanLeap empowers cities to test new technologies in an easy and actionable way:
• Enables cities to manage and track the life cycle of pilot projects
• Saves staff time by streamlining and automating processes
• Supports interdepartmental and intercity collaboration and vendor participation
• The City of San Jose is embracing innovation with a culture of experimentation and agile learning. However, implementation has been ad-hoc, disorganized, and uncoordinated.
• UrbanLeap will enable participants to streamline, digest, learn and scale projects in a measurable and coordinated way. It will help accelerate quality of life improvements by exponentially increasing the number of experiments the city is able to conduct over time. The platform will enable the city to manage and automate the lifecycle of pilot projects.
• Develop the platform based on the need of the customers • Gain city employee support
• Identify 3-7 challenges for the city to launch with the platform • Identify cutting-edge solutions and facilitate their proposals
• Analyzing pilots outcomes
• Run pilot for six months and evaluate UrbanLeap platform experience
|Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• At least five pilots will be conducted during the six months period
• City employees on average will rate their satisfaction level with the platform at least a "4" on a 5-point scale
• The UrbanLeap platform will reduce staff labor during piloting by 30%
• Measurement of the total number of pilots conducted through the platform
• Measurement of the average city's employee satisfaction using survey
• Measurement of time spent per pilot per employee.
Standards, Replicability, Scalability, and Sustainability
• Standardized processes are not unique to city or region and can be replicated and scaled up in multiple cities/communities. The solution will be replicated in cities across the world.
• The system will have its own business model to create a sustainable revenue stream.
Cybersecurity and Privacy
The platform and data storage are built on top of Google Cloud Platform which meets rigorous security standards. City data is accessible only by users with verified city email addresses. We follow security and privacy best practices and do not store sensitive user, city, or vendor data at present.
- Describe the anticipated economic benefits (new products, jobs, economic growth, exports, contributions to the tax base, etc.) as well as impacts on energy, health, safety, environment, or other quality of life aspects.
- Safer driving experiences by participating drivers
- Valuable data for analysis and use for transportation policy and decision-making on infrastructure enhancements that increase pedestrian safety and reduce traffic congestion
Real-time working application supporting the department of transportation and the city managemay5teen r office pilots in San Jose. Demonstration will include a turn-key solution for governments to follow the full pilot process, including vetting or prioritizing vendor proposals, define the pilots, manage, and assess their outcomes.