- This event has passed.
Cybersecurity Symposium for Smart Cities 2020
October 14 @ 8:00 am – October 16 @ 1:00 pm PDT
GCTC’s Cybersecurity and Privacy Advisory Committee (CPAC) is hosting the annual cybersecurity symposium. Sponsored by NIST, this virtual symposium is an open forum for governments, small businesses, nonprofits, and industry to re-discover pressing needs of our time, re-envision strategies, and re-connect to leverage the latest resources, innovations, and success stories for a Smart Secure future together. This annual event is known for tangible values in the forms of cross-sector networking, solutions demos, and thought-provoking discussions. The speakers are sought-after thought leaders, decision-makers and doers from the communities. Co-organizers including GCTC Cybersecurity and Privacy Advisory Committee, Adaptable Security Corp, City of San Jose, County of San Mateo, County of Santa Clara, City of Coral Gables and nonprofit partners expect 1,000 attendees.
- Webpage: Agenda, and speakers are available HERE.
- Special networking hour for cybersecurity and privacy professionals
- Example topics, speakers, and exhibits:
- CISA Chief Counsel and Acting Chief Privacy Officer: Stewarding Data Entrusted to Us: The Critical Need for Protecting the Security and Privacy of Data
- How A City Addressed Cybersecurity and Privacy in the DNA of its Smart Transportation Zero-Cost Testing Facility
- Security and Privacy After 2020
- Resilience Against Ransomware – Insurance & Ransom Retrieval
- Techniques to Fall in Love with Your City Again…