- This event has passed.
BroadbandUSA: Practical Broadband Conversations Webinar
September 16 @ 11:00 am – 12:00 pm PDT
Farmers and ranchers use smart technologies to improve yields, reduce costs, increase efficiencies, and improve decision making. Join BroadbandUSA on September 16, 2020, to take a deep dive into the Please pre-register for the webinar using this registration link. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.technologies being implemented to further these precision agriculture techniques. Hosted by the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA), speakers will provide an update on the Precision Ag Connectivity Taskforce, co-chaired by USDA and the Federal Communications Commission, as well as an overview of the latest innovations from the Global City Teams Challenge Smart Agriculture and Rural SuperCluster, which encourages collaboration on innovative ag tech and rural projects.
- Topic: Smart Agriculture: Driving Innovation in Rural America
- Chad Rupe, Administrator, Rural Utility Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Dennis Buckmaster, Dean’s Fellow for Digital Agriculture, Professor of Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Purdue University; Co-Chair, GCTC Smart Agriculture and Rural SuperCluster
- Megan Nelson, Economic Analyst, American Farm Bureau Federation
- Jean Rice, Senior Broadband Program Specialist, BroadbandUSA, NTIA (moderator)
- Karen Archer Perry, Senior Policy Analyst, BroadbandUSA, NTIA (moderator)